What is a VPN & Its Advantages?
When you utilize a VPN, (virtual private network) your original IP address is changed, as it runs through one of the servers that is offered by the VPN that you choose. In return, your IP address is completely anonymous, making it impossible for your internet service provider to spy on what you do. It also minimizes the chances of a hacker or other online criminal being able to trace your location, which could lead to identity theft, or even more severe crimes that take place.
There are many people who are already using a VPN to keep their Internet browsing private and secure. However, for those who are new to the VPN world, they may not realize just how many advantages a VPN offers when online versus using nothing at all.
Useful Ressources about VPN
Advantages of a VPN
A VPN offers several advantages, and most people find that these advantages are one of the ways in which they can be active in their online safety.
- You can surf the web without fear that others are watching what you are doing. This is especially important as more people are becoming aware of just how many companies and people are tracking users online. It means that while you may be looking at your own social media profile, chances are anyone could gain access to this as well when you are using an unsecured connection.
- A VPN allows you to access and unblock websites that may be blocked due to your location. This is especially important to those who travel or who are considered expats. Though they may be from one country, if they are in a country that is known for their strong internet censorship, they are held to these same standards. A VPN is the only way to get past these restrictions.
- For those who want to look online while at work, a VPN can allow you to get past those restrictions that may be in place. For example, many businesses have blocked social media sites from appearing on personal devices and computers within the building during business hours. Many people find this personal restriction on their devices upsetting, thus utilize a VPN to access these sites.
- When connecting to public Wi-Fi you are taking a huge risk of others being able to see what you are doing online. With the use of a VPN you can make yourself anonymous, while still benefitting from the use of the free Internet.
- Many people find that with a VPN they experience a better overall internet experience, especially having a wider bandwidth than what their original connection. This is especially true of those who are overseas, and they see a better connection when utilizing a local server from a VPN.
In the end, if you want the best protection possible, then you need a VPN. Check out our best VPN reviews for the options that are waiting for you!